Moving Made Easy!
Let us do the Heavy Lifting!
Over 20 Years of Service in Ottawa & Surrounding Area
Call: 613-620-1116 | 613-599-6055
- Make sure you give your mover lots of notice to ensure you get the date and time desired.
- Make sure everything is packed and ready to go before the movers arrive.
- If you are in an apartment with an elevator make sure you have it booked for moving day.
- If there are parking (loading/unloading) restrictions at either location, notify your mover upon booking.
- Prepare floor plan of new premises to speed up unloading… continue.
- Putting all your boxes in a room close to the loading area, leave the big stuff where it is.
- It is a good idea to check your homeowner’s insurance to see if goods are covered during the move.
- Don’t forget to contact your service company for disconnection of appliances and electrical fixtures if necessary.Declutter so you can pack less. …
- Invest in quality moving boxes.
- Give each room a different color packing label.
- Don’t overpack your moving boxes.
- Use the right size boxes so don’t leave empty spaces in boxes.
- Arrange for your own personal transportation and food on moving day.
- Label cartons you will need upon arrival.
- Attach “DO NOT MOVE” tags to articles you intend to leave behind or that you want to move yourself.
- Make sure you Empty fuel from lawnmower, power tools, kerosene lamps and barbecue. Movers will not take paints, lighter fluids, matches, ammunition or any type of combustible products.
- If you have kids it’s a good idea. It is a good idea to keep them occupied on moving day.
- Movers can transport plants but at the owner’s risk.
- It;s a good idea to tie mops, curtain rods and broom handles together.